Teenagers with body mass measures between 25 and 30 require immediate medical attention. The internal stress caused from so much weight almost guarantees the premature development of medical problems such as diabetes, heart disease, cancers, and stroke.
There's no question that aggressive weight loss methods are necessary and these teenagers need to be followed by medical experts for years to come. But what about teenagers with body mass measures just below 25? Is it safe for this group of overweight and mildly obese teenagers to lose weight?
The verdict is still out – the weight loss community continues to wait for more evidence supporting aggressive weight loss methods for overweight teens. I say while we wait, let's lose some weight.
But we do not need to be so aggressive with this group. Overweight teens need to lose weight, but in a slow, gradual process. Lasting weight loss and the development of positive habits should replace the push for immediate weight loss in adolescents with body mass measures between 22 and 25.
The there's the teenager wanting to lose weight for purely cosmetic reasons. How do we approach this fragile situation as parents and professionals? We can not just say no to her for fear she might turn to unhealthy means to lose weight. But we can not just give him a green light and say go for it, either.
The rest of this article focuses on the cosmetic teenage weight loss dilemma. The best thing I can do is at least provide some ground rules for teenagers with body mass indices less than 22 who insist on losing weight.
Cosmetic Teenage Weight Loss – The Ground Rules
Here's a simple, straight forward list of ground rules for teenagers wanting to lose weight for cosmetic reasons:
- Losing weight with a body mass index less than 19 is not recommended and might even be harmful. Things like eating disorders, endocrine abnormalities, stunted growth, and anorexia are all well documented consequences from unnecessary teenage weight loss.
- Teenagers with body mass measures between 20 and 22, can lose 5 to 10 pounds in a safe and effective manner.
- The primary mechanism for teenage weight loss is always the "burning" of excess calories through increased physical activity. A combination of aerobic exercises and resistance training works fast and produces the best results.
- Teenage weight loss by restricting calories should be kept to a minimum. A slow, gradual, and controlled restriction of calories is key. I recommend starting with a 5% reduction of calories from baseline for two weeks. This is followed by a 10% reduction for one week and then a 15% reduction (if necessary) for one week.
- Dedication to a consistent exercise program typically produces the weight loss desired without any changes to the caloric intake. A more natural way to reduce calories comes from eating a more balanced and nutritious diet, including more servings of fruits and vegetables.
- Emphasizing consistent exercise and a nutritious diet is often all that is needed for a teenager to drop some weight, firm and tone muscle, and achieve her "cosmetic" goals.
For the actual steps to safe and effective teenage weight loss, additional information on resistance training, and guidelines for restricting calories, use this link …
Teenage Weight Loss Plan
To Healthy Living!
Michael A. Smith, MD
Chief Medical Consultant
Diet Basics Website
Scouting for an amazing disc jockey (DJ) for your wedding is not a stroll in the park since there are many things to put into consideration. However, before booking that DJ, he must be able to provide appropriate answers to the following questions in order to prove his competence.
1. Are you a full-time DJ?
It is important for you to know that the DJ you want to hire is not just a one-dimensional part timer who may not owe enough time to the job. He must be involved on a full-time basis with quality experience that cuts across various events. He must be a true performer that can handle tough audiences without stress and satisfy them.
2. How do you treat song requests?
You should engage a DJ that understands how to strike a balance between couple's song requests and those of the guests so that both parties are adequately satisfied.
3. How do you customize the music experience for each couple?
He should be able to provide a soundtrack for your wedding which is dependent on your taste, style and vision for the day. He should be able to willingly accept your must-play and do-not-play lists because you are supposed to be in control of the music that will be played on that day.
4. Can I hear some samples of mixing and blending of different tracks?
He should be able to blend between songs harmoniously to the point that you may not even be aware of it. There should not be artless silence between songs as this will make your party to be boring.
5. What sound equipment do you work with? Do you have back-up?
The equipment that a DJ makes use of is as important as musical instruments. His turntable, microphone, mixer, computer, etc., must be up-to-date in order to reel out the best mix for your party. It is also important to have back-up equipment to guard against unforeseen circumstances.
6. How do you get the crowd pumped?
DJs have a lot of baits to encourage guests to take on the dance floor. You can request for a video of past performances in order to gauge the skills of the DJ you want to hire in entertaining guests.
7. Why should I choose you as my wedding DJ?
Providing a satisfactory answer to this question will go a long way to prove that you are about to hire a competent DJ. He should be able to tell you what makes him unique in the industry and this will assist you in making a vital decision that will make your wedding successful.
Everyone wants a great credit score, but sometimes you wonder if it is possible. If you are wondering how to get a 700 plus credit score, then you are in luck. This article will help you understand your credit better, and show you how to get awesome credit!
First, it’s important to understand what makes up your credit score. There are three major credit bureaus that potential creditors will use to get info about you. These are Equifax, Experian, and Transunion. These credit bureaus collect info about you from those you have borrowed money from. The more times you pay your creditors on time, the better your score. They also measure the amount of debt that you have and how much of that is revolving debt (think credit cards). Too much revolving debt will lower your overall score.
Generally speaking a credit score above 700 is considered to be very good. This will entitle you to the best rates and the most respect. But, the holy grail of good great, a credit score above 700, is made all the more important in the credit driven society that we live in. A good credit score can mean that you can afford a bigger house or that great car you’ve wanted. It also gives you options and freedom.
Many people want to know how to get a 700 plus credit score. It is not as difficult as you might imagine. Even if you have made credit mistakes in the past, you can learn how to get it where you want. Start by getting on a reasonable budget. This allows to the freedom to allocate your funds properly so that you know that the money is there to pay your bills. And want to know the biggest secret to get your credit score above 700? Pay those bills on time! Anti-climatic, I know, but that is seriously it.
Another tip on how to get a 700 plus credit score is to keep your balances on your credit cards well under the limit. It is a good idea to owe less than half of your limit on your cards, and pay them regularly. When you are maxed out or even close on your cards, this signals to creditors that you are having financial trouble.
Finally, try not to apply for new credit if you don’t need it. Those store credit cards that promise to give you ten or fifteen percent off of your purchases may be tempting, but in the long run they can cost you precious points on your score. Limiting new credit inquiries is a key element in how to get a 700 plus credit score.
If you are looking for ways to skyrocket your credit, keep these tips in mind. If you keep to your budget, make your payments on time, and watch your balances, you can learn how to get a 700 plus credit score in no time.